Snow Leopard Upgrade Experience
I upgraded my 17″ MB Pro last night to Snow Leopard. The installation went smoothly, and took about 45 minutes. the Mac rebooted a couple times on it’s own and then I was done.
This morning, as I started using the new OS, I experienced the following issues:
- Dev tools not installed – easily solved by installing the XCode package off the DVD
- QuickSilver not working — solved by upgrading to SL version, and removing
- ~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver and
- MacRuby seems to be broken — seems like 0.5 is needed.
- Quicken 2007 needs Rosetta — quite a nice implementation, as SL automatically downloaded Rosetta and installed it.
- Electric Sheep 2.7b16 does not work — waiting for devs to update
- iStat not working — waiting for devs to update
- Xmarks not working — waiting for devs to update
- Growl has strange behavior — upgrade to v1.2b fixes it http://code.google.com/p/growl/downloads/list — final release should be available soon.
- Nambu not working — switching (permanently?) to Tweetie or TweetDeck
- Weird font problem in Firefox — some sites indicate a problem with 3rd party font managers, but i have none. No solution yet.
Nothing critical (for me), but hopefully these will get worked out soon.
UPDATE (2010/01/20) – All issues have been resolved!